Thursday, February 5, 2009

Now wait just a gosh dang minute....

I am well aware of ALL the facts!

YES I understand Devon will turn 16 on February 9, 2009 at 11:04 p.m.
Yes I know that when you turn 16 you are allowed to go on dates!

What I didn't know was that Thursday evening one of the cutest little (yes little) girls I have ever seen was going to show up at my door (a full 4 days before his birthday!) and ask to decorate his bedroom with balloons and a poster to ask him to the girls choice dance!

Whats a mom to do???
*I'm not that old I still remember decorating MJ's room (it was for homecoming).
I did what any good mom would do and took her down and even helped carry the balloons!
(and of course immediately started thinking of ways to answer!)

And don't worry I followed him down with the camera

Well I guess I better get used to it!

5 comments:

The Ekins said...

Let the good times roll!!! I can't believe you have a sixteen year old! You look great I bet no one believes you have a kid old enough to date!!! How fun, decorating rooms was always a fun time! Oh, by the way people are tring to get a hold of you, there are a bunch of us on facebook that are planning a luncheon, I am not sure who was contacting you but go get an account its kind of like blogging only not as personable and it has some weird things I don't understand, but I can say it helps you connect with people. I can't go to lunch we will be on vacation but it is Feb 25th at Jenny Cowans house, there are a few people from Grantsville going maybe you could carpool!

Krista said...

Ok Heather... I was at something today and heard to strangest (but most interesting) "ask and answer" to a dance I've ever heard.

The "Asker" stole ALL of the clothes of the person she was asking... he couldn't get them back until he answered.

The "Answer-er" then stole her BED and put it in a garage of someone she new (which was 100's of people). She had to drive around town until she found it.

At first I thought it was a little out there... but upon further pondering, I liked it.

Lacey Sue said...

Oh my heck, I taught this kid when he was 13 years old...now he's getting asked out on DATES...WHAT?!??!?! He can't be that old...no way!!!
You better get used to it Heather...he's a cute kid...the girls are gunna be lining up now!!!!

lisa said...

well "Suebug" I taught this boy when he was only 8 and I can't really be that old! Heather there is no way that you can be old enough for a 16 year old. We were just jumping on the tramp and playing in your backyard on Blaine Ave! Where does time go?!! Take care and good luck with Devon. Lisa

Hansen Family said...

Wow heather those 16 years went bye fast! Your kids are lucky to have a mom so involved in that stuff. And at least the girls was cute his first date could be worse! lol