Friday, February 27, 2009

Old & Busted... New hotness!

(If you know my love of quotes that one is from Men in Black)

Another of my old friends has passed on!


Is it normal to have an emotional attachment to inanimate objects? Well I often do! I have had this stove for 13 years I picked it out when we built our first house. Last week as I walked past it (really all I did was walk past) the door FELL open and refused to close (I even tried standing there and holding it for a minute to see if it would stay, it wouldn't). A friend suggested tying it closed, that didn't work either. So with much sadness, not only because my friend would never burn choco chip cookies for me again (to her defense she always tried to warn me with her timer, but she couldn't take them out herself!) And also sadness because if I am going to spend our hard earned $$$ I don't want it to be on appliances! I have purchased a new (used) stove. So say hello to my new friend (I have owned her for 2 days and haven't used her) So today we are going on our maiden voyage what should I cook??? I guess I should start with the old standby choco chop cookies, you can't go wrong there! Wish us luck with our new relationship!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Who says you can't buy friendship? Hope you two have a fabulous time making delicious cookies!
P.S. ... Send some my way!!!

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY!

Kami said...

She is beautiful! I hope you have a great new friendship and many adventures in cooking!

Hansen Family said...

i love the new stove! and by the looks of the old one it was time!

jacqlnl said...

hey i want one! lol so i was feeling a little left out and started my own blog but i don't know how to add people as friend. any way it is thelawrencegang or jeni has it on hers if you have any suggestions let me know.