Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hammer Time....

When Devon was in kindergarten we decided to throw together a little talent and try out for the children's sociable program. They made it, and it has become a tradition that we do every year. Devon outgrew it a few years ago, but Brennon, Briggs & Colby have taken over and look forward to it every year. Asking as soon as it is over "what are we going to do next year?" This year we decided to go retro and do our version of MC Hammers U can't touch this.


When we choose this plan we had no idea what a challenge it would be to find "hammer pants" We tried to find a pattern to sew them, but they are considered "vintage" and a pattern cost $50! So I revamped an old clown costume pattern and.... voila Hammer pants!


We have had allot of fun with this. If you would like to come see they will be performing on Thursday March 26th at the GHS auditorium at 7:00 p.m.

5 comments:

Kami said...

I get to see it when the second graders walk down on Thursday. I will see them right??? I know they do things wierd now and there are like two or three groups that perform. Well I will look for them. Also, love the Kermet song, I have always loved it ever since
2nd grade in Mrs. Didricksens, were you in there or do you have a different reason for your love of the green frog?!!!

Unknown said...

They made all performances so you will get to see them! I didn't move to G-ville till 5th grade so nope. I have just allways liked it too!

Lacey Sue said...

ALRIGHT!!! I would LOVE to come check out these stylin' and profilin' rappers!!!

Krista said...

Oh my!!! I can't wait!

Emily said...

I'm having flashbacks with the parachute pants... I love that they're gold! That's too funny, nice work!