Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Scary night......

Tuc started running a fever Monday after noon, of coarse by #5 you just give them Motrin and say "tis the season! " Well last night about 9:00 he said "mom, why does my leg have bumps? That's when we notices a small patch of hives. I gave him Benadryl and we watched and waited by 9:30 it had doubled in size it was swollen and hot to touch. That's when we decided it might be serious and headed to the E.R. After several hours they still didn't know what it was but sent us home and said to go to our pediatrician this morning. (glad I paid them my $75, thanx for your help) by 2:00 a.m. this is what he looked like......

I gave him more benadryl and covered him in Calamine. He is still asleep I'll let you know what I find out!

8 comments:

The Ekins said...

That is so scary, I have never seen anything like that! I hope your doctor can tell you more! I feel so bad for the little guy it looks miserable!

Hansen Family said...

poor guy he looks so sad!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck! That is awful, it looks like it hurts! Keep me posted on what his Dr. says. Poor little guy!

Krista said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! Thanks looks more miserable than anything I have ever seen!! We hope he is doing better today!

Krista said...

P.S. Heather you are going to be in so much TROUBLE one day when Tucker see's that you posted THAT picture. We were so sad to see him hurt but I've got to tell you that Tyson and Dillon were ROLLING when they saw photo #3. We Love You!! You always make life a little more exciting for us.

Also... I see I have a typo above. It was suppose to say THAT not thanks (it's late) :)

Unknown said...

I have already been chastised by my family so I guess I will take the pic off! Tell Dill not to laugh too hard I might just dig up an embarising pic of him to post! lol

Lacey Sue said...

Poor baby boy. I once had all three of my kids (Aspen, Braden and my hubby chad hehehe) in the E.R. over one weekend. Braden was 5 months old at the time and had a fever of 104.3..dangerous...Aspens ear was bleeding from within, and Chad was so crippled over with stomach pain he couldn't stand up...what did the fabulous E.R. have to say to us..."Well we just don't know for sure...maybe it's some kind of infection?" YA THINK!?!?!! Needless to say, I got them all on anti-biotics and they all got better...but seriously. Your a doc. and all you can say is "..maybe it's some kind of infection..." alrighty then!

Gail said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little guy. I hope they figure it out soon. Reag had a weird bumpy rash on her feet, bum, elbows and hands last month and we never did figure out what it was. Oh, and yeah, you are totally going to be in trouble for these pics