Monday, March 19, 2012

The Sociable...

For as long as I can remember Grantsville has had it's Old Folks Sociable. I've heard it is a great time with good food, good friends and awesome entertainment. I wouldn't know! I've never been.
Then why am I mentioning it? My fav part of the Sociable is the talent show for kids to show off and perform for their peers and the whole town.  When Dev was in Kindergarten I decided to put a little number together for him and a few of his friends. 

1st children's sociable # we took the handle bars off of their bicycles and duct taped flashlights to them and did a skit to Leader of the Pack. Do you recognize anyone?

*forgive the photo it was 14 years ago!


After that it was history.... my kids have tried out and performed for the Childrens program EVERY year since. It would take forever to post all the pics so I was just going to try to add a few.

1998 Leader of the Pack
1999 If Bubba can dance.
*2000
*2001
*2002
* I can't remember or find pics :( Can anyone help?
2003 I won't grow up (Peter Pan)
2004 A Knights Tale
 2005 How I Beat Shaq
2006 MIB
2007 Hey good looking
2008 Step in Time
2009 Hammer Time
2010 The Matrix
2011 Synchornized Swimming

Which brings us to this year Childrens Sociable 2012.....

Party Rockers!!








1 comment:

Leona Schulz said...

Peter Pan and the swimming were my favorite!