Saturday, June 6, 2009

A tornado in G-ville?

I have always been told "we don't have tornado's here

Well my friends I was told wrong!
I love summer thunder storms, but was not expecting the tornado that came through Tuesday evening. I don't know if it was an F-4 or F-5 but I know it was F-ing (lol) big enough to pick up my swing lift it 10 feet in the air and trow it into my kitchen window!







I couldn't believe how fast my patio was torn apart! And it was just a small one. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live in am area where this is part of life and a very real danger! One more reason to love our mountains!

6 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my gosh, that is scary! And crazy. We aren't supposed to have tornados, are we? I'm glad you guys are okay!

Lacey Sue said...

OH MY HECK!!! That is freaky!

Kami said...

I found out the hard way also that we DO have tornados in g-ville. Two summers ago one ripped our trampoline, with cage, up and over our six-foot high fence and into our neighbors front yard. Scary, I was just so glad no one was hurt, I was also very greatful that our fence was ok and that my neighbors house was in one piece!

keysha said...

Wow.....that is scary! Glad it wasn't worse!

Paige said...

oh man...that sucks!! I can't believe the wind is so strong out here! sorry about the damage...darn it, good luck with the surgery

Hansen Family said...

Don't tell trae about this He learned about tornado's in school and is peranoid to have one happen here. I told him tornado's don't happen in utah.