Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Muddy buddies

I have great memories of doing crazy things as a kid.
Sliding down old wrestling mats in the driveway with dish soap.
(mom was a little ticked when we'd use a bottle a day)
Making obstacle courses in the back yard using anything we could find.
Making huge "forts" with every piece of furniture, blanket & pillow in the house.
Jumping on the tramp in a rainstorm.

So when I saw the fun being had next door...
I just grinned and grabbed my camera!


What are neighborhood kids supposed to do when the drainage ditches fill up with water?


I know!!... grab as much mud as you can and throw it at the girls! :)



Devon and Brittany share a special relationship
(a big change from the prom pics last month)



A good look for Briggs!


And could Tuc be any cuter? I'd still hug him!

The damage was widespread!
Please note* Kristen on her roof also snapping photos, but staying out of the line of fire!
(a wise decision, as I was the recipient of some "mud shrapnel") Did I forget to mention this is how dad cleans
off boys who play in the mud!

*I know allot of pics but I just couldn't leave any out! (I have TON'S more)

It was a fun evening to have right before I had my surgery, it really made me smile, and filled my heart with love, and the knowledge of who and what I am living for.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Love it! That looks like a blast, I guess your sister will never be able to finish her yard now, all the kids love the mud pool too much!!

Gail said...

That looks so fun...right up until the part where you get sprayed off with a cold hose.

Hansen Family said...

I love that mike just hosed them off! that is what i would have done!