Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Colbys dental whoes..

The Friday before labor day Colby tells me his cheek is hurting, I look in his mouth and decide its just six year old molars coming in and give him some Tylenol. Saturday it continued hurting and started swelling. (so much for mothers intuition) By Monday his face was very swollen! When dad got home from work he told Colb "Alvin, Simon and Theodor called they want their cheeks back.) We got him into the dentist on Tuesday, it turns out a tooth they had capped last year had abscessed. OUCH!! They started him on an antibiotic to get the swelling down so they could pull it. The following Monday we went back in and they gave Colby Demerol to help "mellow him out." This is where is gets funny. I have never heard so much funny stuff out of colby's mouth (and that's saying something) The Dr. even said he was the best ever. Just after he had the tooth pulled he announced "I didn't like that at all, I deserve a party!" We then went to wal-mart to buy his prize R2D2 (star wars) he couldn't stand up and was slurring everything he said like... "mom I want some pu... pu.... mooooom how do you say pudding?" He called his dad and said "dad I had my pooth tolled". Then on the way home while passing the gated community he said "mom why do they have all those fences and wall around those houses?" I said (half listening) "oh I don't know I guess some people like to live in fences", to this Colby said (with much understanding) "Ahhhh like cows!" Boy did I laugh. We love our Colby he is all ways good for a laugh but on Demerol it was even better, we just hope we don't have to do it again too soon.

2 comments:

Hansen Family said...

colby your the funniest kids I know! I can only imagine what demeral did to him. Trae wants colby to come play with him soon.

Hansen Family said...

ps. I love the dude club I wish i had one