Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Only Colby...


As said by Zazu in the the Lion King.... ..
"There's one in every family sire, two in mine actually."

I was spraying off the patio the other day getting all the winter leaves and junk off. When a piece of plastic came out from under the steps the conversation went like this....

MOM: "Colby will you grab that and throw it in the garbage?"
Colby: "Mom, can't I have a break?
I just did some work the day before yesterday!"

(who watches a movie like this?)

Last night while he was reading, (he is easily distracted) he asked...

Colby: "When you wish on a star does it really come true?"

Mom: "Sometimes, but not always."

Colby: "Well next time I wish on a star, I'm going to wish for super powers!"

Mom: "Really?"

Colby: " Do you want to know what superpower I'm going to wish for?"

Mom:" What I want is for you to read!"

Colby: "I know just let me finish."

Mom: "OK what superpower will you wish for?"

Colby: "Telekinesis!"

Mom: "Oh yea?"

Colby: "Mom whats Telekinesis?"

Mom: "It's when you can move stuff with your mind."

(MJ was impressed I knew this answer)

Colby: "Oh like the force... Yeah I definitely want that!"

3 comments:

Diane said...

I love it, Heather! I have to share what my boys said when I asked them what superpower they would wish for:

Seth - super strength
Caleb - teleportation
Nathan - the ability to purify unclean water

I don't know about you, but if disaster strikes, I'm sticking with Nathan. LOL!!

lisa said...

Heather-you are always good for a good laugh! Thanks for always brightening my day. There's nothing like a little boy to make you shake your head to wonder what people think. Keep up the great work. Lisa Geldmacher

Hansen Family said...

colby is seriously hilarious!