Thursday, October 23, 2008

If I just had a money tree.....




Every day on the TV we are seeing such scary things about the economy. Stock market crashing, mortgage foreclosures, job layoffs, grocery prices have gone up 30%, not to mention gas prices. I have been worrying allot about what could happen in our country.



To drive this point home my grandmother called the other day and as always asked how we are doing, I assured her we were good, but she kept pressing. After a minute she finally said what she really meant, "I mean financially how are you?, Have you lost allot in the stock market?" I paused for a minute and almost started laughing! I replied " we have five kids and one income, we didn't exactly have allot to lose!"




I have always been a glass half full kinda girl so I guess I found the silver lining in this situation! I just hope nobody steals my mattress! LOL




~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain~


6 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Why didn't I get a concerned phone call from grandma? And now that i know where you stash is!!!!
I can't wait for the kimbers bangin halloween bash!

Lacey Sue said...

My word, i hear you LOUD and clear on this one. There are times I almost so terrified of things I hyperventalate. Then I take a minute to reflect and realize, sadly, things could be MUCH worse! Here's to keeping the glass half full...

Gail said...

So true. It doesn't do you any good to worry about it anyway. It doesn't change anything, just stresses you out, right?

keysha said...

Couldn't have said it better....money in the stock market, what's that?? Extra money in general...what's that?

lisa said...

Heather, just doing a little blog stalking and came across yours from Kami's. It's so fun to catch up a little. Why is your house for sale? I about died when I drove by the other day. I'm sad that you are moving. It's fun to run into you every once in a while. I am very new at blogging and mine is private but email me and I'll put you on. Lisageldmacher@msn.com See ya-good luck!

keysha said...

Heather-I'll be watching your blog here in a few days to see your 'Week in the Life' starting!! You seriously need to do it. It sucked, but at the same time, I'm so glad I did it. In a few years, it will be so cool to look back on it.